Give your trees, grass, plants and flowers a boost with Bloom®, a soil conditioner rich in organic matter and nutrients made from Class A Exceptional Quality biosolids produced at DC Water’s Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Nutrient-rich soil conditioner providing slow-release nitrogen, iron for darker grass and green leaves and other micronutrients
- Bloom is an all-in-one concentrated product, providing the nutrients of a fertilizer and the organic matter of compost.
- It’s great for flowers, trees, grass and vegetables, and helps improve root and leaf growth. It can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Its slow release nutrients mean you’ll continue to see results over multiple seasons from one application.
- According to research conducted at Virginia Tech, Bloom helps improve drought resistance and water holding capacity.
- Bloom is sustainably and locally made by DC Water, helping reduce carbon emissions and generate renewable energy.
Guaranteed Nutrient Analysis 1.5-1.5-0
Look for the blue and white bags of Bloom at select DMV retailers!
Join the Community
Join the 80+ community gardens around DC, including the Washington Youth Garden, the District Department of Transportation Urban Forestry Division and others using Bloom to get their plants, trees and crops booming today!
Purchase through one of these retail outlets for DIY projects, or contact one of these Bloom-friendly landscapers and request Bloom on your project:
How to Use Cured Bloom
Bloom is easy to use. Please follow our guidelines for the best results.
Plant Establishment (trees, flowers, vegetables, fruit, herbs) – Incorporate 1/2-1 inches of Bloom to a depth of 6-12 inches of existing soil.
Turf Establishment – Lawns (before seeding or sodding) – Incorporate 1-2 inches of Bloom to a depth of 6-12 inches of existing soil.
Topsoil Blending – Uniformly blend 10% Bloom with topsoil, sand, bark, sawdust, and/or other materials (or a combination thereof). Spread blended soil and plant, then water.
Potting Soil Blends – Uniformly blend 10% Bloom into a standard growing media. Place in pot and plant, then water.
Topdressing – Spread ¼” Bloom evenly on your lawn to improve soil quality without disturbing turf growth.
*Cured Bloom is our retail bag product; reach out to Bloom for application rates for other bulk products.
Awesome experience working with Bloom! This was my third attempt to grow grass in my very shady backyard with bad soil. I needed to plant special dense shade grass seed in very poor soil and Bloom, sand, and sawdust. The mix was easy to spread and not clumpy. The grass is as thick as carpet and very deep green. It’s incredible!